ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The client is an LA-headquartered provider of a leading free streaming television service in America. It delivers 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series.
As a Transcode – Software Engineer, you will support the ongoing design, development, and maintenance of an industry-leading, Over-the-Top (OTT) software platform. You will partner with engineers, product managers, and project managers to help design, develop, implement and test features. You will be 100% autonomous and in charge of managing your day-to-day work and schedule.
- Learn and contribute to the Software Development Life Cycle:
– SAFe Ceremonies – attend every meeting;
– PI Planning, Grooming, Scrum, Estimations, etc;
- Ticketing and documentation:
– Understand how to use Jira, Confluence, Google Docs, etc;
- Individual Contribution:
– Development, code reviews, testing, SPIKE research, etc.
- Work closely with your manager:
– Fnd ways to improve our workflow/process;
– General team health, personal work-life balance, etc;
– Identify career goals, measure progress, correct course if necessary.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Excellent written and good oral English-language skills; able to clearly convey information:
– Deliver concise team updates;
– Facilitate knowledge transfers one-on-one or in small groups;
– Document system procedures.
- Software skills:
– Familiar with GoLang;
– Experience with any compiled, back end languages (examples include: C/C++, Java, Rust).
- Preferred Skills:
– HLS and DASH;
– DRM – FairPlay, WideVine, or PlayReady;
– Terraform, Kubernetes, and Helm;
– GitHub and GitHub Actions.