High-quality education at a workplace is one of the critical drivers of your business growth. When we talk about startups and small companies, it may be less complicated to organize and manage an educational process than what we have when it comes to large enterprises. For ensuring the desired quality of education for an enterprise, it is required to automate many tasks. And it is when enterprise software development services are of great use.
This article will tell you what a corporate LMS is and what features it can be enriched with.
But it will be pretty reasonable to start with the most basic definition of corporate LMS software. These systems are intended for managing, creating, and distributing elearning content, implementing training programs with their further evaluation.
Corporate elearning solutions can significantly help ensure result-oriented education for employees, estimating employees’ progress, setting new goals, maintaining certifications, and developing new programs based on the ongoing situation.
Organizations of different sizes and types can use such software. You can read about learning systems in more detail here.
Critical features of corporate e-learning solutions
First of all, an enterprise learning platform is intended to organize corporate, educational programs and develop professional skills among employees. But it can also be a solution for educating other groups outside the organization, for example, clients and partners, on the services and products offered by the enterprise.
The goals that you have for launching an LMS define the functionality that your solution will have. Below you can find a list of the most widely used and highly demanded features for modern enterprise learning solutions.
- Learning content management. This functionality lets course managers work with different types of content. It also may cover such aspects as content localization and translation, image analysis, or AI-powered search.
- Learning process administration. Among the features included in this group, we can name event scheduling, notification sending, issuance of course certificates, organization of virtual classrooms, and blended learning.
- User management. On-boarding, enrolling learners in a course, personalization tools, learners’ feedback gathering are among the possible features.
- Learning assessment. Your corporate LMS platform can be extended with tests, quizzes, exercises, and examinations of different types.
- Analytics and reporting. Reporting and result tracking and metrics for monitoring online activities can make the learning process more fruitful and beneficial for learners and the educational process in general.
- Social features. Your platform may allow the creation of learning communities, blogs, forums, chats, discussion boards. Interactions with educational content can be executed via comments, likes, and shares.
- Gamification features. Progress visualization bar, reward badges and points, leaderboards - all this can significantly motivate learners and ensure their higher engagement.
- Additional features for an extended LMS. Your enterprise educational platforms can have additional sub-portals for different learners (multi-tenancy), eCommerce features, and others.
- Mobile learning. Mobile apps synchronized with the core platform, especially with offline access, allow employees to continue learning at any time and any place.
- Compliance management. This feature will help you track that the learning process is being organized in full compliance with existing norms and requirements in data privacy and security.
Suppose you think about launching a custom learning management system for your company. In that case, we recommend you read one of the articles published in our blog that includes valuable tips on making a precious software product for your organization’s needs.
Integrations for an enterprise LMS
When we are talking about software solutions for enterprises, it is pretty evident that different platforms and apps used for the needs of one organization can’t exist as entirely separate stand-alone platforms that do not have any connection at all.
That’s why as a rule, modern corporate elearning solutions are integrated with other corporate systems, such as, for example, corporate relationship management platforms or learning content management systems. So let’s have a look at the integrations that are applied quite widely these days.
- CRM. By integrating your learning management platform with a customer relationship management system, you can make it possible to access special training courses for sales specialists and other team members directly from a CRM.
- HRIS. With the integration of your LMS with a human resources information system, you can manage integral records of the learning progress of all employees, including the most up-to-date and relevant data on finished courses, assessments, examinations. You will also be able to timely add new training courses to the LMS based on all the updates in the staff structure.
- LCMS. Learning content management systems are focused on all the activities around content creation. And thanks to integrating an LMS with an LCMS, it becomes significantly easier to create elearning content, compose courses, and manage corporate training.
- Collaboration tools. This integration allows scheduling training sessions and facilitating sharing of learning files and communication within the team.
- eCommerce software. With this integration, the procedure of buying courses prepared by external learning content makers or selling courses developed by your team will be simplified.
- Video conferencing tools. These tools help to achieve better user involvement and enhanced collaboration. Moreover, with them, participants of the learning programs can get real-time feedback.
We can also implement a single sign-on for your enterprise solutions that presupposes using a single platform for user authentication.
Benefits of enterprise LMS
So, why do modern enterprises prefer to launch learning management systems for organizing the educational process for their employees? What new possibilities do they get?
- Improvement of a learning experience for the team;
- Higher quality of the education at the enterprise;
- Possibility to take complete control over the educational process, content, and resources used for learning;
- Customization of various features for the individual needs of learners;
- Opportunity to enrich a system with advanced tools that can positively influence the efficiency of learning;
- Full compliance with the learning process with data privacy and security standards.
We will be always ready to build an A-class enterprise learning platform fully tailored to your needs.
How much does it cost to develop a custom enterprise LMS?
The question of the development costs is crucial for those considering the option of launching corporate learning software. Unfortunately, it is impossible to name the precise amount without a deep analysis of your business needs, requirements, the number of potential users, the desired functionality, and many other influencing factors.
At Geomotiv, we conduct detailed research of each case individually and provide our customers with preliminary estimations. In addition, however, we can share with you our approximate calculations of the development costs to better understand what investments will be required from your side for developing an enterprise learning management system for your business.
You will get project analysis, design and architecture development, deployment, QA, and technical support services for this amount. Your LMS will also have a management platform, students accounts, the learning processes powered by gamification elements.
Our developers will also ensure the necessary data migration and SSO, HRIS integrations.
But it’s important to understand that solutions for enterprises are usually richer in features and capacities compared with products that can be referred to the first category.
In such a situation, a customer will get all available features for those who choose the “mid-sized” variant. But also there will be such additional services as AI tools integration, multilingual support, ERP, CRM, eCommerce software integration, and the creation of sub-portals by departments and divisions within the structure of your organization.
As well as in the case of all other types of software, the more advanced features a corporate e-learning platform has, the more investments are required. At Geomotiv, we respect our clients’ money and always do our best to offer the most feasible and cost-efficient solution. That’s why you can always rely on us to develop an advanced software product within the framework of your budget.
To be continued
As you see, an enterprise LMS can significantly improve the quality of education within the organization and help take the overall business development of an entity to an entirely new level.
The main task for the management is just to decide on the most appropriate functionality for the solution and offer the courses that correspond to the ongoing employees’ needs.
In one of our future posts, we will tell you more about the role of a corporate learning LMS for businesses. So, stay tuned!
Please leave your inquiry on our website, and we will reach you to discuss the possibilities of our potential cooperation.
We offer you a closer look at how corporate e-learning solutions can influence...
Business process management software (it can be abbreviated either as BPM or BPMS)...
We can observe an increased demand for enterprise software development services. Work...
In this article, we’d like to focus on the enterprise software development process,...
In a world of constant change, the education industry couldn’t remain intact from.....
We've picked out a selection of excellent cloud storage services for businesses by...